When you're ready to start customising your check-in form, head to Check-in > Check-in form. You will see that there are some questions already on the form which are very commonly used.
You'll notice that there are several sections to the form:
- Guest questions
- Terms and conditions
The last 3 are locked in their position. Adding the question type to the form, eg. signature, will always result in that question staying in its respective section.
To rearrange the questions
Simply drag and drop a question to change the order. Note that you won't be able to drag a question out of the section it belongs to.
To delete a question
Click the question's Edit button, and then click the Delete button at the bottom of the page.
Adding new questions
Once you're ready to start adding your own questions to the form, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Add question button:
Choosing the type of question
You will see a dialogue with all the question types available to add:
If you need an explanation for all the question and answer types, please refer to this article.
Customising the question
Once you have added the question, you will need to customise it. For the purpose of this example, we'll use a dropdown.
- There will be a tab for each active language in your system. You will need to enter your Question text (2) in each of the active languages. If you don't enter a translation for a particular language, then your guest will see whichever language you have chosen as the default language in your system (defined under Settings > General > Localisation > Default language).
- This is where you will type the question text.
- This is the part of the question that will vary depending on the type of question you have added. In the case of our dropdown example, this is where we will add the answers that the guest can choose from in the dropdown box. Click the Add choice button to add your first option, and repeat the process for each additional option you require. Note that some question types do not have any configurable options.
- The Preset and Field type fields are read-only and only shown for reference. If you have added the wrong type of question, these types cannot be modified. You will need to delete the question and re-add the one you want.
- This checkbox will make this question appear for additional guests.
- This checkbox allows you to make the question mandatory.
- Once you're done, click the Save changes button. You will be taken back to the form where you can then reorder the question if required.
- Click the Back button to return to the form without saving changes, if needed.
Testing the check-in form
Once you have added and customised the questions you need, it's time to test the form and see what it will look like for guests.
- Go to Guests > Add guest
- Fill in the reservation details and click the Add guest button at the bottom of the page
- The reservation you just created is immediately loaded. From there, click the More icon (3 dots) in the top left of the guest details panel, and choose Check-in form. That will load the check-in form where you can go through the whole process and see that everything is working as you intended: