Let's take a look at the functionality in the email design interface.
- Switch to each tab to add the email content for each active language
- The subject line of the email
- The main content of the email
- The name of this email
- The template that this email uses
- Customisation options for this email. These will vary based on email type and template chosen.
- Delete this email
Working with email content
When editing the body of the email, you will see a floating toolbar with formatting and personalisation options. Let's have a quick look at the key tools:
- Standard text format tools
- Insert link / remove link buttons
- Numbered and bullet list buttons
- Text alignment
- Text colour and highlight
- Insert content drop down box
Personalising the email content
The emails can contain data from the guest's reservation, in order to add a personal touch to the content you show them.
Looking in the Insert content box, you will see the types of data you can insert:
Let's look at how to use this.
First, write the content as you normally would:
Make sure your cursor is in the correct position. Then, open the Insert content box, and select the content to insert. In this case, we will select Guest arrival date. A "tag" is inserted where you cursor is:
This tag is a placeholder for the actual content that will come from the guest's reservation. That way, every guest will see email content that is personalised for them!
Tags also work in the email subject line. We suggest adding the Guest first name tag to the subject line; it has a noticeable effect on open rates, which is the all important thing when it comes to guest communication!
To do this, you will need to add the Guest first name tag to your email body content first, then highlight the tag, then cut and paste it to your subject line.