Start by clicking the Create button on the right hand side of the Post-stay emails panel:
Then, select email type you want to create:
Key features on the edit email page
- The descriptive name of your email. You can see we automatically populate it, but you may wish to modify it.
- The Appearance tab lets you modify all the content of the email.
- The Rules tab allows you to configure when the email should be sent, and also prevent the email from being sent to certain recipients (eg. tour operators, travel agencies, etc).
- This is the email preview pane; it's an approximation of what your email currently looks like (keep in mind that in different email platforms (Outlook, Google, mobile vs desktop, etc) can look slightly different).
- As you modify the content of your email, click the Save changes button to refresh the preview pane.
- Send yourself a test email here!
The Appearance tab
Here are all of the components in the Appearance tab and what they do.
Here you can switch between the different languages active in your GuestJoy system. Note that will need to provide the translations yourself!
This is where you can upload an attractive, quality image to show in your email.
The image should be of a high resolution, but please note that you don't need to provide the image in any particular shape, as you will able to crop it when uploading:
The subject line of your email. Try to avoid language which might be detected as spam!
The content of your email. As you can see, you can change the font size, use bold and italics, add a link to the email, have •bulleted or 1. numbered lists, and also there are Undo and Redo buttons.
Once you've added all your content in the currently selected language, click the Save changes button at the top of the preview pane to see how it looks, or send yourself a test email!
The Rules tab
When to send the email
For Feedback emails, we find the best response rate comes from email sent on the day of departure, or one day after.
For Reminder emails, we find the best response rate comes from emails sent between 5 to 7 days after departure.
Of course, you can experiment to find out what works best in your market.
If you are creating a Feedback Reminder email
This setting will allow you to send the email only to guests who did not yet rate their stay. This is a great tool to use the email as a "reminder" that you'd like them to give you a rating.
What time of day to send the email
You can specify the hours of the day in which you want the emails to be sent.
Tip: If you want to send the feedback email on the day of departure, make sure you set the time frame to after check out time at your hotel.
Note that emails are sent according to your property's timezone, not the timezone of the guest.
Here, you can add specific email addresses, or entire email domains (eg. @bigtravelagency.com), in order to exclude them from receiving this email.
Please note that these exclusions are in addition to the settings you have under Scheduled emails > Global exclusions.
Note that you can enable or disable your emails using its respective switch on the Scheduled emails page: