Start by clicking the Create button on the right hand side of the During-stay emails panel:
At the moment, the only email type is Feedback. In future we hope to add more.
Key features on the edit email page
- The descriptive name of your email. You can see we automatically populate it, but you may wish to modify it.
- The Appearance tab lets you modify all the content of the email.
- The Rules tab allows you to configure to which guests this email should be sent (based on duration of stay), when the email should be sent, and also prevent the email from being sent to certain recipients (eg. tour operators, travel agencies, etc).
- This is the email preview pane; it's an approximation of what your email currently looks like (keep in mind that in different email platforms (Outlook, Google, mobile vs desktop, etc) can look slightly different).
- As you modify the content of your email, click the Save changes button to refresh the preview pane.
- Send yourself a test email here!
The Appearance tab
Here are all of the components in the Appearance tab and what they do.
Here you can switch between the different languages active in your GuestJoy system. Note that will need to provide the translations yourself!
This is where you can upload an attractive, quality image to show in your email.
The image should be of a high resolution, but please note that you don't need to provide the image in any particular shape, as you will able to crop it when uploading:
The subject line of your email. Try to avoid language which might be detected as spam!
The content of your email. As you can see, you can change the font size, use bold and italics, add a link to the email, have •bulleted or 1. numbered lists, and also there are Undo and Redo buttons.
Once you've added all your content in the currently selected language, click the Save changes button at the top of the preview pane to see how it looks, or send yourself a test email!
The Rules tab
Who to send the email to
Here you can determine which guests you want to send the email to, based on the length of their stay.
This can be useful, for example, if you only wanted to send the email to guests who are staying with you for more than 2 nights, in order to avoid email fatigue.
On which day of the guest's stay should the email be sent?
Choose the day of stay you want the email to be sent. Note that you can also choose same day, which means the email will be sent on the arrival date. If you use this option, we recommend that you schedule the email to be sent later in the day, when it is more likely that the guest will have already arrived and checked in to your property.
What time of day to send the email
You can specify the hours of the day in which you want the emails to be sent. Different emails might warrant different time frames.
Here, you can add specific email addresses, or entire email domains (eg. @bigtravelagency.com), in order to exclude them from receiving this email.
Please note that these exclusions are in addition to the settings you have under Scheduled emails > Global exclusions.
Note that you can enable or disable your emails using its respective switch on the Scheduled emails page: